Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Under the supervision of the Wellness Center Manager the Personal Trainer is responsible for; promoting and maintaining health and fitness by teaching group fitness classes and conducting personal training sessions with wellness center members, conducting initial consultations with potential clients, facilitating initial physical assessments, and providing new members with orientations or tours of the facility. As a Personal Trainer you will develop individualized exercise programs for your clients. This will include; calling, scheduling and working to ensure the overall safety of fitness participation facility wide.
· Gain experience in working with senior populations
· Plan fitness routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations
· Offer scalable alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness
· Observe members and inform them of corrective measures necessary for fitness improvements
· Teach proper techniques used during physical exertion
· Instruct participants how to maximize their benefits from exercise routines
· Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
· Weekly incentives can be earned by personal trainers that meet service hour requirements
· Personal Training set shifts are available for personal trainers that meet criteria
Skills and Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Exercise Science preferred or Associate degree and/or experience in social service, psychology, or related field. A personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization will be required, ACE,ACSM,NASM,ISSA are preferred. Current First aid/AED Certification. Required organizational ability and communication skills. Experience working with the older adults is a plus. Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, sit and walk for periods of time. Ability to lift 50lbs.